Electric airplane company Surf Air is set to IPO on the NYSE.
The Los Angeles based company “electrifies” existing airplanes to massive reduce their carbon output and impact on the climate.
Surf Air leverages powertrains to make this possible and is aiming to be a leader in what they call “emission free flights”.
- Surf Air had previously entered into a SPAC deal with Tuscan Holdings Corp (THCA) that would have given the company $467M USD in growth capital
- The deal was then called off in a “mutual agreement” last year
- Surf Air will now direct list on the NYSE, making it the first direct listing of 2023
- Surf Air has announced intentions to acquire Southern Air, a move that would allow them to electrify their entire fleet of aircraft, which are all Cessna’s
- Surf Air recently announced a partnership with Textron (NYSE: TXT) in order to help lower their aviation business’s carbon footprint