Walmart may have already conquered the retail landscape in the United States of America.
But they might have just found their newest ambition: crypto.
- Walmart’s incubation arm has partnered with Outlier Ventures to launch their crypto accelerator known as Store Nº8
- The incubator is focused on helping startups building ‘decentralized commerce’ applications that leverage crypto technology
Why it matters:
- Seeing retail giants such as Walmart begin to bet on crypto startups is a positive signal for wide spread adoption of crypto and the future of real world use cases
By the numbers:
- The Store Nº8 accelerator had over 370 startups apply from all across the globe
- Of those applicants only 5 startups made it to the final cohort
- Each startup in the final cohort will receive $200K in funding from Synergis Capital and be given access to Walmart’s vast network of collaborators
- Highly popular NFT collection Pudgy Penguins recently launched their merchandise in over 2,000 Walmart locations across the United States