Y Combinator is one of the most successful startup incubators in the world with seed investments in unicorn companies such as Airbnb, Coinbase, Stripe, Dropbox and many others.
Their latest batch of investments though all have one thing in common: artificial intelligence.
- Y Combinator recently invested in 134 startups who are building artificial intelligence
- The companies individual focuses range from generative AI to legal assistance to drug discovery
- This is one of the most concentrated batches of bets Y Combinator has ever made in one space, with approximately 60% of the startups participating in Demo Day being AI focused
Why it matters:
- The AI euphoria clearly isn’t showing any signs of slowing dow with record breaking funding flowing from the seed stage all the way to the public markets
- Y Combinator has been historically adept at predicting the next large trends that shape technology and their conviction on AI is likely a clear indicator there is a lot more innovation to come
- Nearly one fifth of all venture capital funding since last summer has gone towards AI startups
- Arguably the most advance artificial intelligence company in the world OpenAI has also been placing bets on early stage startups
- Even Nvidia has turned to allocating venture capital into AI focused growth companies