Bitcoin mining companies have been rapidly making moves to capture some of the opportunity of computing power for artificial intelligence. And there are no signs of that slowing down anytime soon.
- Singapore based Bitcoin mining company Bitdeer (NASDAQ: BTDR) has unveiled their plans to begin offering computing power to artificial intelligence startups
- Bitdeer has joined Nvidia’s Partner Network as a cloud computing partner of choice and will focus on providing GPU access to AI startups in Asia
Why it matters:
- Bitcoin mining companies have been piling into building cloud computing infrastructure to power generative AI technology, large language models and AI workloads
- The global race to secure GPUs continues to accelerate and Bitcoin mining companies are uniquely positioned to repurpose their existing data centres for the opportunity
- Bitdeer will be one of the first cloud computing providers to offer access to Nvidia’s DGX SuperPOD and DGX H100 supercomputers in Asia
- Bitdeer recently announced they would be doing a buy back for $2M of their shares